Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Reeses or Rollos Brownie thingys?

I have no idea what to call these, but oh my goodness are they easy and good.  This recipe comes to you via Pinterest.  I tried to trace it all the way back to its originator, but failed.  It just kept going.   So, I do not claim these as mine - although I have tweaked them and will try something new this weekend.  

As the picture indicates, these were done with premade cookie dough, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and box brownie mix.  Thats the "easy" no frill recipe.   Here it is:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray the insides of a square all edges brownie pan with Pam spray.   Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of premade cookie dough and press into the bottom of each square.  Top the cookie dough with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup placed upside down.  Then fill up the well with your favorite prepared brownie mix up to 3/4 full.   Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.  Remove and cool slightly.

Here are some tips:  

You can use cupcake/muffin tins (either small or large) in replacement of the all-edges brownie pan.  For the large muffin tins, just bake about 5 minutes longer.  

You can substitute Rollos for the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  Youll have caramel instead of peanut butter. 
You can substitute Peanut Butter cookie dough for the chocolate chip cookie dough to really make a peanut butter exprience!

For those who dont like chocolate (heaven forbid, I have one daughter who doesnt!  Eeek).  Use sugar cookie dough for the base.  Place a Dove chocolate in the center and top with blonde brownie mix. 

You can use all the wonderful variations of prepared brownie mix as well.  Use the caramel brownie with the rollo centers or the white chocolate brownie mix with the sugar cookie base and a rollo.  BE CREATIVE.

This is a GREAT recipe to involve the kids, teens, everyone. 

Thanks Pinterest!

Comments

  1. We had these at a pizza party with our soccer team. They were AMAZING! We will be making them VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found it! I will be trying these out on my vicitms tomorrow, hope they like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on facebook earlier this week and forgot to pin it and have been looking for it all week long...finally...I am soooooo making these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. taste great but they were not pretty. Made them with oreo's and they cooked better. The center wouldn't get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm so gonna make these!! My Family will LOVE them :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are called Brookies (brownie+cookie). i love these. you can put anything in the center. i've had reeses, twix, and oreo so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. double wow. I just made these using refridgerated cookie dough, reeses, and box brownie mix.. heavenly creations (so good! I had 2..and then some crumbs..) lol & no I will never eat a chocolate chip brownie again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Attempted to make these twice. Once with Recess and then again with caramel centers. FYI: the center melts down and they don't cook as well. You have to wait until they are way cooled down before you can even remove them from the tin. But I found when cooled, they just fell in the middle both times. Does anyone who's made them give any baking tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might not be baking them long enough or not preheating oven maybe? When I baked the ones I made, I was a bit apprehensive about the cookie not getting baked enough since it was on the bottom so I partially baked them first for about 4-5 mins, removed from oven and let cool for a little bit before proceeding with the reese's and brownie mix. Daughter says I didn't have to pre-bake the cookie but thought why not try. Came out amazing!! and when you finally get around to treating yourself, would highly recommend a 10-15 second go-round in the microwave to warm up. total yummmmmm!!

      Delete
    2. My centers fell in as well- and I did preheat and baked for about 17 minutes? Hmm.. they are cooling now. Even though they don't look pretty I bet they will still taste delish!

      Delete
  9. I would call these "ALL MY GOODNESS!" All my goodies in one...................YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks insanely good. Just saw this on pinterest and you are making all my "eat healthy" visions disappear. I think I'll be able to hold out for a while but these will make an appearance in my kitchen eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some in the oven right now, smelling and looking good to me already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do they have to be eaten hot, or can I make them and take to an event later? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone else not need all the Brownie batter?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These turned out wonderful! Everyone wanted to know how to make them. They disappeared. Had no problem with them sinking but if you do, I'd just top them with a little chocolate frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My centers always fall I just bake them around 15 minutes They are always cooked. I just melt white chocolate and using a fork drizzle over the top. I do this with everything that doesn’t look good!😜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chess Squares, Nieman Marcus Bars, Paula Deen and Gooey Butter Cake....The real origin

Kevin & Amanda's Chess Squares So, I saw this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and thought, hmmm.  I need to try this! With my daughter's open heart surgery, starting my final year of school and then a few major work projects, the blog got lost in the shuffle for a bit.  Last week however, I started on a cooking binge and the first thing on the clip board to try were these chess squares.  I read the blog that posted the recipe and realized they were reminiscent to her of another recipe.  I thought they sounded (and looked) like something I used to have at my grandmas.  So the sleuth in me kicked in, and a hunting I went, trying to find the progression on the variations of  this recipe and ultimately, the origins. Nieman Marcus Buttermilk Pie Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake Searching for "Chess Squares" took me to Nieman Marcus Bars, which led me to the Nieman Marcus Website and their Butter Cake . I then found the Paula Deen "Gooey Bu

Stuffed Cube Steak

The other day, I had a hankering for cube steak, but did not want Swiss Steak or Chicken Fried Steak - my usual go to's.  I wanted to do something else with cube steak and remembered I had bookmarked a recipe from Pinterest that involved cube steak, bacon and goat cheese.  I tried it, we liked it, and it is now in the regular dinner rotation. I also discovered that this recipe can be done on the grill and is quite tasty either broiled or grilled.  You dont need a potato or rice dish with it.  A really nice salad and some crusty bread with some homemade lemonade really makes this a great summer meal. It is also very quick.  Just what we all want out of our summer dishes! Stuffed Cube Steak Serves 4 4 Cube steaks salt and pepper to taste 4 oz cream cheese (or goat cheese) softened - very soft. 2 T coconut oil 1 small sweet onion (Vidalia or Maui) finely chopped 4 garlic cloves, crushed 2 c baby spinach - stems removed and coarsely chopped 6-8 slices sun dried to